Monday, May 21, 2007

Zoo pictures!

Sorry about slacking lately. Had guests then Bill was on the computer ALL DAY yesterday and part of the day today. Has inspections at work today so he's had to get all his records up to date. The joys of being a supervisor.

Anyway, these are from the zoo on Friday which was also my mom's birthday. We had A LOT of fun and I think she did too. We are just glad we could spend it with her and hope it was a fabulous birthday. The elephants. They had their hiney's to us for the longest time and then a zoo keeper walked out and threw treats so that is what they are doing in this pic...searching for the treats.

Just playing with my camera settings here trying to capture the moving water. I've been reading Understanding Exposure. Great book by the way...makes me want to play ALL THE TIME. I wish I only had the time. An alligator. They were small about 3-4 feet long. Most of them were all on a rock piled on one another....YUCK!
Gramma and Cole. They had bamboo everywhere...totally awesome and made for some great shade. It was a totally beautiful day about 70 and was actually a little chilly for Cole in the shady spots.

Cole and Parkeman still have runny noses. I don't think Cole feels well again today. He's in the hold my I just want to sleep in your arms kind of mood today. Hopefully he'll feel better by Wednesday so he can still get his shots at his 6 month dr. appt.(although he'll be 7 months in about a week...they screwed his appts. up) I really don't want to have to go back.

Not much else going on here. Trying to get my pots for the patio filled with flowers. Mom and I went to a little roadside nursery Sat. and I got some really nice ones...not enough though as they were on the pricey side. Hmmm....oh and we are also thinking of getting a pool pass for the summer. The pool we would go to has a large kiddie pool that P had a blast at last summer. I figured we could go in the morning for an hour or 2 a few times a week. It would be about $7 for just the 3 of us each time w/o a pass so I'm thinking we should get one.

That's about all that's on my mind right now. Hope y'all have a good evening!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awesome pictures I love that water, have been wanting to practice that but haven't found any water anywhere!! Your Mom looks like she had a great time. Glad you all had a nice visit! Hopefully the boys are on the up swing of the cold I am in the same boat for Maggie except this will be her 15 month appt at almost 17 months ugh...

Jennifer said...

Too funny...Connor will be a month late for his 2 year appointment. I guess it happens to all of us. Great Zoo pictures. Glad you had fun!!

AmyWhit said...

What a fun day! Your mom does not look 50! Love the photos...and I think the alligator is my favorite!

AmyWhit said...

Oh, I've decided to go with the Tamron 28-75 2.8 lens. I've read great things about it on ILP. I can't afford to go for the Canon L glass...that's like $1,000!

dana said...

looks like you had fun at the zoo, i love the waterfall picture. I am looking into getting a pool pass somewhere also. Probably the pass would pay for itself within a month.