Friday, May 25, 2007

From yesterday

I didn't get to posting last night because we had a busy evening. First, Cole has decided that 6 is a better bedtime than lets say 6:30. I was also going to try and start pushing it back about 15 minutes everyday too to kind of gradually change his sleep cycle so he's not ready to start the day at 5. So the last 2 nights it's been 6 and he was ready too. Not one of those play with him and do this and that to hold him off. So anyway with him to bed Bill fixes the lawn mower and gets it working...yay we haven't used it in a couple years. So I mow and do everything but the back yard. It's now 8 and Bill was still weed wacking and still had all his tools to put away. P and I came in to eat then him and Daddy took showers. You see where I'm going here...late night. P didn't end up getting to bed until almost 9:30. I showered and then was exhausted. I went to bed at about 10:30. I tell ya this being productive stuff is wearing me out! LOL

A couple Parker funnies for ya...
Bill tells me that last night while he was fixin the weed wacker (it's a trend with all our stuff NOT to work) that P comes up to him and says "nothing run likes a DEERE Daddy!" OMG is that not hilarious. Bill said he busted a gut laughing. I can only imagine how serious he was too. And Bill fixin the weed wacker was after he had fixed the lawn mower...both of which are CRAFTSMAN...they suck by the way.
And another from this morning...we were making pancakes for breakfast. As I was flipping his pancakes I asked him if he wanted butter and sugar on them. He turned around in his seat and said, "I already told you!" (with attitude)
me: You don't have to be smart about it!
P: I didn't mean to be smart about it! I already told you I want butter and sugar.
Where the heck did he learn to talk like that? I tell ya that kid is too smart for his own good.
So anyway those were his two funnies the past 2 days.

The pic is what he does day in and day out. Plays with cars and "parks" them. He also talks to them. It's so cute...like hey man do you want to come with me? Let's go over here. I'll do this. Soooooo cute.

Anyway, it's time for him to take nap. Cole is already down and hopefully he sleeps for more than 30 minutes.

4 comments:

dana said...

how funny, isn't it cute what they come up with? lovin the pictue.

Stephanie said...

mowing is very exhausting ours needs it again but I would really like for Brian to get the push mower fixed. It would be nice to get my workout in without having to work out so to speak. Cute picture of Parker "parking" the cars!

AmyWhit said...

Love that focus is on the cars in this one. That's too funny about the things he says. I just told my dad last night that I need to start writing down all the "words" Riley has been inventing lately. LOL. If he doesn't know the word, he'll just invent one, i.e. crabble instead of crumble. Even at 5, it's still funny.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE kids and I LOVE being a mom. It's amazing how they make us smile everyday. BOys and their cars. CUTE!!