After that I decided to go to Lowes to get some plants and potting soil for our planter. Well I got some plants and most were 75% off. I love a deal. I ended up not getting the soil because P decided he had to throw little tantrums throughout the WHOLE store and garden area. Fun. Then we came home and planted some flowers (while Cole slept) and cleaned up his water/sand table and actually put sand in one half. P loved that. Then while both were down for naps this afternoon I got a wild hair up my butt to pull up all the fabric with the mulch that was under the swingset. (We discovered termites in it in the last week.) That was more FUN. Just an FYI don't ever put mulch under a swingset. It's so gross all the termites, ants, spiders, mole holes, and who knows what that thing was that scared the SH** out of me. I had goosebumps on my legs that were HUGE, it was so gross. It kind of looked like a little snake but wasn't, if that makes any sense. Just YUCK! So anyway Bill came home and helped me finish but that's not it we found a HUGE nest of fire ants. Double YUCK! I cannot believe I let my child play back there. I'm half tempted to just plant some grass and not worry about pea gravel or rubber mulch and all the critters that live in it. So anyway today was rather productive outside. I did manage to cook dinner and do 2 loads of laundry too. It's amazing what can be accomplished when both boys sleep for at least 2 hours at the same time.
Anyway, the first pic is "I'm a good helper, Mommy!" He drug that hose all over the front yard to water the flowers for me. Isn't he sweet. I told him to water the Magnolia because it's looking a little sad. The second is him playing with his table now filled with sand and water...instead of mud.





4 comments:
oh gotta love the sand water table, although my kids sat in the water in the table last year so it just has sand. but that thing can entertain them forever, i will have to buy some tractors for them to play with in there. arent' they so sweet when they are trying to help.
Awesome day I love those kind of days you just have so much self satifaction like Ya I can do it all I am SUPER MOM!! I can't wait to get our table I bought a sprikler today and I couldn't get it hooked up to the hose oh well!! Glad you all had a nice day hope Cole feels better tomorrow.
LOOK at all those John Deere Trucks!! I think I will try putting sand and water in ours this year. Don't know if Connor will keep them seperated. Termites are YUCK!!! We had some flying out of our wall in the HOUSE when we tore the wall out. Talk about freak me out!! Hopefully, our swingset will be in soon. Can't decide if we will put anything under it though. Probably just leave grass for now. Connor loves to help me water the plants also. He likes to drink the water though more than anything. Daddy taught him that one.
How wet did he get while helping you water. Riley loves the water hose....but he can't stay out of it himself!
Parker looks ECSTATIC to have his sand/water table all ready to go!
Post a Comment