An update on Parker. He's now 3 1/2 and tomorrow he'll be exactly 4 months from turning 4. WOW! He's a funny guy and a lover, especially on his brother. However, his brother can only tolerate him for less than 1 minute most times. He's learning how to write his letters and has sucessfully written several lowercase letters all by himself by just trying. We've got all kinds of workbooks so he can practice. He's learning more about Jesus and talks about it quite a bit. Love it! Loves to sing and dance and has recently added quite a few break dancing moves to his routine. It's really cute. Still into cars, tractors, truck, planes, and helicopters. And DIRT...loves it. Still a picky eater but last night he actually ate Cherrios in milk and LIKED it...whoa! Baby steps, baby steps. He loves his new swing set and everyday it's something else. Today it was a package store. Yesterday it was a grocery store. I climb up there and "order" from him and he "gets" it for me. So fun! Oh and he LOVES to SWING. I swear he could swing for hours. Better yet he knows how to swing himself now too by pumping his legs. I tell you this kid is pretty coordinated. He's also into playing board games. We've got quite a collection now too and he's won every time at Chutes and Ladders. Today he had an appt. with the ENT (ear,nose,throat) doctor for his snoring and he has surgery scheduled on May 8 to get his tonsils and adnoids out. His tonsils are almost touching, which causes him to snore, which leads to sleep apnea, which leads to not sleeping well. I'm glad I got him in. I noticed when Bill was gone that he would quite breathing quite a bit and be restless at night. He's also been really tired in the afternoons lately. So my intuition was to get him in as I felt that something wasn't right. It's not and will be fixed. Doctors say he'll do fine and I'm sure he will. So we've scheduled it in between a trip to IL and a trip to GA. Oh and he can unbuckle himself out of his 5 point harness carseat. Yeah! We discovered this Monday as he was throwing a fit and I put him in his seat buckled as we were getting the last few things together before we left. I ran inside to get my shoes and then a minute later P was back inside. I was shocked...and my plan foiled. So yeah he does it now when ever we stop he unbuckles himself. Loves to push our buttons too and just see how close to MAD he can make us without getting a spanking. The joy of a 3 year old.
And Cole. He'll be 18 months next week. Really?! He's a comedian, climber (loves the top of the kitchen table, and monster (destructive (Coley monster,as we call him)). His laugh is infectious and is one of those really deep belly laughs. We love it and you can't help but laugh when he does. He LOVES to eat and pretty much eats anything except vegetables and peanut butter. He really loves whatever I have on MY plate though and if he's already eaten and someone sits down at the table to eat he'll keep going back for another course. lol He loves to dance by clapping (even tries to snap his fingers) and spinning in circles and even tries to jump, but normally ends up just throwing his hands up in the air. He's talking more now and has added TRUCK, GO, HELICOPTER (cop, cop or helicop). Hmm, that's all I can think of right now. He just started shaking his head for yes or no all the time. If you ask him a question he thinks and then will nod or shake. Yesterday he was walking around with his binky and his blankie after his nap and he wanted to go outside. So I picked him up and brought him to his room and told him to put binky and blankie in his bed so he could go outside. He didn't hesitate for blankie, but I had to tell him again to put binky in his bed and he thought about it and then shook his head no. lol I had to chuckle. Then I said well you can't go outside until you put binky in your bed. He took it out looked at it then tossed it in his bed. He wants to LIVE outside these days and pitches a fit when it's time to come in. Usually if food or a bath is involved it will go pretty smooth. He's still very much a Mama's boy...what can I say I'm lovable. lol When I'm not here Bill says he just walks around looking for me saying, "Mama, Mama" the whole time. So pitiful I tell ya. And lately he wakes up at 5 and if we are lucky he'll fall back asleep til 6:30. Makes for a long day.
Sorry about the randomness, but I typed as they popped in my head. lol




5 comments:
I hate that we can't get down there. I miss these boys of yours!! Glad everything is going well. Well let me tell you this...Brian has his tonsils removed and before that he was a skinny minny thing after watch out he turned into chunky monkey so Parker may enjoy more food after his surgery as that might have kept him from eating chunky things ... Just a thought.
True, they say once you have your tonsils removed, it's cause for weight gain. No one told me that until three days after I had them removed. (I was 21, which I guess explains my problem...lol)
Oh, BTW, those boys are just cuties. Thanks for the update on them! They are growing up so quickly!
loved hearing about the boys, and loved the other day when on the phone Cole bit parker, that was too funny. can't wait to see you guys, can we do a mommy lunch?
Hey there! I am so glad to hear that Parker's appointment with the ENT went well! You were right, Mama...glad you went with your gut on that one. (I can relate with mine and his ears) I loved the update on the boys...thanks for sharing! Let's try and play together next week, if ya'll are available!
Post a Comment