Been busy the past few days. Doing what? Not quite sure but we've been keeping busy. Well actually we've been living outside in the backyard ALL DAY LONG. The other day I bought 8 bags of play sand to put under the swing set and the boys, mostly Parker, LOVE IT! Cole would rather play in the mud in the wheel barrow (see pic below). I'm not quite sure why I bother to dress them in the morning because they have to change clothes before they come in for lunch because they are covered in dirt, sand, or mud. Why do I set myself up for the challenge of getting MUD out of their clothes? And now because I am such a WONDERFUL mother and bought the sand I get to "try" and keep it out of my house to NO avail. Grrr. It's everywhere. Lesson learned NO MORE SAND...at least in a box that they can sit in and dig there little squishy little toes in. However, the beloved sand will continue to be enjoyed by the boys. I've been trying to "spruce" up the backyard as well because we'll be and are spending quite a bit of time out there. I scored some annuals on the clearance rack at Lowes for 50 cents a piece. The ones that come in their own little bucket of dirt. Not the six pack kind. So for $7 I have my flowers for my pots and a couple for the front. Not too shabby I didn't think...that's why Bill calls my FRUGAL FRAN. lol I have also bought some hosta and planted by the porch and we plan on buying a red flowering dogwood to put near the patio as well. So it will all come together soon, I hope. Still trying to decide between pea gravel for the swing set or rubber mulch. Pros and cons to both.


Papa Paul came to visit Saturday and had a blast with the boys. Daddy cut off one of his hockey sticks for P to make it "just his size." However, Parker says it's still to big. So they spent some time playing hockey.

Again, he looks so BIG here. I'm still wondering when he "grew up" because I missed it.
5 comments:
P does look big there. So grown up! I know exactly what you mean about being outside. Connor is only happy lately unless he is outside. It's nice to have some spring weather. I'm ready to plant some flowers
he does look soo big. i can't wait to come visit this summer.
Next time you need to put sand in the sandbox, try using the brown coarse sand. It doesn't stick to them like the play sand does and it won't make it's way into your house! I guess I could have told you that before you bought the sand, huh?
uggh sand, just pretend yoru at the beach in your house and then it won't seem like such a big deal. or pretend you are on your yacht. looks like you had fun this weekend, can't wait to see you next weekend.
I know Parker has gotten big but that shorten hockey stick doesn't help it makes him look taller.
Post a Comment