Saturday, January 26, 2008

A little practice shoot today!

So I've been reading more on the photo forums on how to improve etc. so I thought I would work on getting some good catchlights and my focus. Well I got the catchlights not so much the focus. I had my f stop too low and my ss to high but needed it high because well kids move, so they ended up with a bit grainy. Anyway, with help from photoshop this is how they turned out and I'm pretty pleased with them at this point because of how awful they looked SOOC.

P was sick the past couple days but I'm happy to say today he was fever free and has started eating a bit more.
And to throw this out...I would LOVE to take pics of "other" children (besides my own) so I can practice. Let me know if you would like your childs photo taken by me because well that would
totally make my day. lol ;)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love P's grin totally cute pics.. you are more than welcome to borrow my child but we are 4 hrs away so that puts a damper on things.

Jennifer said...

Great shots Amanda!! Sure, you can have Connor for a photo shoot, but like Steph said, the distance puts a damper on things!

dana said...

love those shots, you can borrow my three anytime, i do want you to take pics of me pregnant, but i dont have the catchlights like the kids do, but i wont' move!

Anonymous said...

You know I love your work!! Anytime you want to shoot my boys, we're up for it! (or maybe after the baby comes?!) You are so kind to offer...I'm sure you will have several take you up on it! Your talents and skills are growing more every day. Leslie

Stephanie said...

Um... pick any day, week, time and I'll PAY you to take pictures of my child! I'm in awe!

Maybe even some family pictures?!

Susan said...

Sign me up. You can take pics of my kids anytime. How about I just drop them all off one day and pick them up in the evening? (Haha. Not really - I would never do that to someone :-)

Seriously, though, I'd love to have you take some. Maybe one day we can do it while the older two are at school... things might be less crazy.