Monday, December 17, 2007

Am I losing my mind by letting a 13 month old boy finger paint.....YES! Although he didn't do too bad at all. He thought that since it was on his hand meant it was FOOD...hence the BIG brush in his hand. I thought I would get the crayons and let him color with those while P painted. WRONG this boys HAS to be doing EVERYTHING HIS BROTHER IS! I swear he thinks he is 5 years old already. What led us to finger painting this evening was a crafty christmas project for the Grandma's. Well we painted his hands and here he was doing just that himself. I said Parker don't paint your hands honey paint on the paper. P replied: I'm just painting my hands like you did only by myself. Well how do you argue with that? Of course immediately after the picture he insisted I wash it off because he can't stand anything sticky on his hands. Silly boy!
Am I in trouble or what? He climbed up on the rocking chair himself and was STUCK. He thought he could climb up there and get onto P's bed....HAHAHA no sir! He can get up but not down yet. He also uses the step stool to climb but can't quite get his leg up onto the bed yet. He is going to be my climber for sure. Tonight after his bath I turned on his CD player that sits on top of his small bookcase. Well he LOVED the music but was really interested in the CD player. So he was reaching and just inches away from pulling it down when all of a sudden he started lifting his chubby little leg to climb the bookcase. Umm that ended rather quickly. I can add bolting all our furniture to the walls to Bill's honey do list...he will LOVE me even more for sure. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love those pics

dana said...

cute pictures, your right you can't argue with Parker for doing something that you did, gotta love the innocence of kids. Yeah bolt that stuff down soon, it will be tested before you know it.

Stephanie said...

Loce the new banner and music... you have got your hands full with that little cole-man. Reminds me of Maggie but she still does crazy stuff like that., pulls all the greenery out of the accent plant on the kitchen table,needless to say she is sitting the table when she does it. Looks like finger paint was fun I need to get the paints out too.

Anonymous said...

i got my haircut short! well 3 inches. but it's shorter than i have ever had it.

i love your new playlist.
have u listened to those cd's i made you?

b/c unfailing love is one of my faves
and how great is our god is the song i saw as a duet with cassie at church!