Thursday, September 6, 2007

Busy, busy lately!

Sorry for my lack of posting lately. We've been really busy. Lots of stuff this week from board meetings to consignment sales to the Moms Club monthly meeting tomorrow. Yikes! I do have to say I have been on the ball today though and everything is ready for tomorrow and in the van ready to go. Yay me! So hopefully we'll get out of the door on time...haha yeah right! I have managed to take a few pics this week also. First one is of the new book Susan (my MIL) got me. I finally had time to read it Sunday on the way home from IN. I've also been stocking my pantry this week for ingredients for her recipes. The other day I made the strawberry and blueberry juices. Since then I've been putting real strawberry juice in his milk instead of strawberry syrup and he hasn't said a thing. It's still pink just and pretty much tastes like normal milk. I made Coley "banana ice cream" the yesterday for breakfast...he LOVED it! It was deliscious too.
Here's the recipe:
1 frozen banana (peel then freeze. Good for those bananas that are starting to turn brown. If your like me you don't eat them and normally they go in the trash. Until now!
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 tablespoon sugar

Blend it all together until smooth. First few minutes it's sounds a little rough. Serve and enjoy. Looks just like ice cream...just a bit runnier though, but so good. Cole is ALL OVER and into EVERYTHING since we got home Sunday. He spends most of his days standing now and holding up bookcases. LOL! It's a heavy one! ;) He's even standing on his own for a few seconds at a time. And here I thought the kid was lazy...he'll be walking by his birthday, watch!
Isn't this just the cutest?! This is his "new look." Such a cheesy grin. I can totally forsee this being the "cheese" smile I get for the next 3 years or so.
The cheesy look to go along with him waving HI!
This is such a GREAT picture of P so grown up, looking at me, nice smile, and even a little twinkle in his eyes. Except for the PURPLE nose. While coloring this afternoon he thought it
would be rather "cute" to color his face. Nice. I can only imagine what BOTH of them will look
like once Coley starts coloring too. At least it's not on the carpet or newly painted walls, right?!


Busy day tomorrow! Don't know if I'll have time to post.
Moms Club meeting 9:30
Consignment sale drop off 5
Southern Living party 6:30

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the cheesy smile. That recipe sounds yum-o to quote rachel ray. Glad you got everything done hopefully on your busy busy day today it isn't pouring like it is here. Strawberry juice sounds yummy too. Purple noses are cute at least it wasn't pink highlighter like Maggie's hand this week.

Anonymous said...

you have a playlist!! and it's all god music!! i'm sooo happy....now we can listen to music together because you are likeing songs that i love!! i think you should listen to barlow girl and superchick...

i'm burnig you a CD! but who knows the next time i'll see you!

Amanda said...

Hey Jennie,

Umm there is such a thing as mail...LOL! I'll have to look up barlow girl and superchick. That music totally speaks to me lately...I love it. That is the kind of music the band at that new church plays I was telling you about at worship...totally moving.

AmyWhit said...

great photos, Amanda! Love the cheesy grin, and the purple nose! I've been super busy lately too. I'm falling behind on my posting! Going off tomorrow for the day, so hopefully I'll at least get a couple to share! Have a great weekend!

AmyWhit said...

P.S. I "stole" some of your songs from your playlist. I've never heard of Chris Tomlin, but I checked him out on project playliet (I've had a playlist for a couple of weeks but have never added it anywhere). Love it. Thanks for "sharing"!

Jennifer said...

Awww...that cheesy smile is just too cute. He's got such a great personality!! Hopefully, you have lots of luck with the book, eventually P will get it. Love all the pictures- missed them this week.