
is getting so big! Today she smiled and coo'd at me A LOT! I loved every minute of it and of course wanted to capture the smile. She is really quick with the really big smiles so this is
about as good as I could get today. And the funny one below...love it! I'm can totally picture her
doing this in about 2 years to her brothers. Can you? :)

Well I have to admit I feel defeated. My goal with her was to nurse her for a year just like I did the boys. I mean I had no problems except mastitis 3 times with Cole, but we managed somehow to keep on. I was good until I started my medicine almost 2 weeks ago. Everyday my milk supply is less and less. I've tried nursing on demand...which was getting to be every hour and a half. I tried pumping every 2 hours while giving her formula to try and boost my supply. Nothing I tell you has worked so on Sunday I bought *gasp* formula. As much as I feel like a failure for not being able to feed my child I know it's the right thing for her. She takes a bottle like a champ and has since we had to supplement in the hospital. She hasn't had a problem with formula at all either. So we decided that rather than me go off the medicine and be crazy mom/wife again. That a happy mom is better for all of us. Really it is! I cannot tell you how much better I feel. How much more I enjoy sitting and watching my children and hugging them rather than yelling at them for the littlest things. I've not been putting as much on my "to do" list as I was. Thank goodness...that was stressing me out. I'm now enjoying just holding Chloe and taking every ounce of her in...her long eyelashes, the heart on her forehead, her short fuzzy hair, her long toes. I know that it goes by so fast. I don't want to look back and have any regrets that I didn't enjoy my blessings when they were little. So now that I'm crying...
7 comments:
Your baby will be great and the plus to this is so will you!! Love you!
awwwwwwww, you nursed two boys, enjoy the formula, and enjoy a happy household. its called motherhood girl and always will be guilt for something, see your body was saying "slow down" enjoy her for I know my pet baby is already 16 months old...when i worked with the bf ing mamas I ALWAYS SAID IF MAMA AINT HAPPY NOBODY IS! You made the right choice for you so happy for you!
You made the right decision!! You were able to experience bf with both boys...consider that a blessing. The bonding with Chloe will be different, but still a blessing. You two will have lots of "girl" time for many years to come.
I think that you made such a wise decision. Remember what I told you, what's best for baby is what's best for mommy at times. You're going to be a better wife and mom with the meds help. You're amazing for knowing this, realizing this and being honest about this. Hang in there friend.
Love you!
So glad that you've made peace with your decision. There's no failure in giving your baby a bottle!
I have to say that I think that first picture is my favorite of Chloe yet! You can really see that she's developing her own little personality in these, and for me that's just the best! She's beautiful.
I love the pictures of Chloe!!! She is so cute!
hang in there - I wasn't able to nurse Sarah either and it too was very hard on me. You are making the right choice and formula isn't so bad!
Post a Comment