Thursday, September 25, 2008

Homemade paints and a little park time!

Yesterday, I was ambitious. I made some homemade "puff" paints. I found some cool blogs a couple weeks ago that are strictly activites to do with kids. Genius! Why didn't I find these like
a year ago. Anyway, this project was easy and we had everything. To make the paint: 4 tbl. spoons self-rising flour and 4 tbl. spoons of salt, water, and food coloring. To "puff" the paint
you put the "masterpiece" in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. The boys thought that was pretty cool. Cole even taste tested the paints and after about the 7th time I think he had had
enough salt. Coley's masterpiece. I've just started letting him paint and he LOVES it.
Parker checking out his "puffed" paint masterpiece.
This weekend I have a photoshoot and needed to scout out a park (Billy Dunlop). Well I took P and left. We both looked atrocious, but hey I didn't see anyone we knew there. We were good. I decided to bring my camera just in case. Well the park is beautiful and will be even more so once the leaves start changing. Snapped these of P while we were checking out the water.

This looks funky...I tried a new color pop action...I don't like it. Anyway, he had a blast throwing rocks into the water. Give the boy dirt and water and he'll make it FUN.

Cole is still not feeling well. I called the doctor this afternoon after he woke from his nap with his eye sockets filled with green gooey runny junk. He's had crusty eyes for the past 3 days with constant eye "boogers" while awake. Today, it wasn't crusty but runny and I knew something was not right. His eyes were really puffy and so red along with that. Well I didn't have to take him in (they had no room to even work us in) ,but she said he has an eye infection. We got some antibiotic eye drops so hopefully that will do the trick. I just hope we are well for our trip to Disney World in 2 weeks.

5 comments:

dana said...

just think you are getting out the sickies now so you will be well for Disney. Awesome park and i likethat pic of Parker.

Stephanie said...

yum salty flour that sounds delicous.. Hope coley gets well soon...I will be praying that you are all well while in Disney!!

Stephanie said...

Do share those fun blogs!

We did finger painting the other day outside and it was so much fun for both Connor and I.

Anonymous said...

your banner at the top is amazing. it's my new background on my computer. coley looks soooo big.

The Gramlings said...

What are the blogs?? The paints were fun, the girls and I did them today!!
I hope you everyone is better for the Disney trip. Sounds fun, I can't wait for our family to go!