Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Surgery!

Went to Parker's pre-op today. His surgery is at 7:30 a.m. Thursday (sorry I left that out) and we have to be there at 6:30 a.m. Looks like I will be taking him because only one family member can go back with him. No need to try and find someone to watch Cole if Bill can't come back. So I'm going to BE STRONG through this and do some major PRAYING that everything goes well. I'm sure it will but he's my baby and I just hate that he's going to have to go through this pain. In the end it will be for the best though.

We did find out today that he can't eat/drink anything RED after the surgery. Ughhh do you know how hard it is going to be to NOT give my child STRAWBERRY milk everyday. Or give him PINK yogurt (we have to ask on that one for sure). Yikes. The red color will stick to the wound and looks like blood. So to avoid unecessary cauterization we should avoid things that are RED. He does know that he can eat all the pancakes and waffles he wants to. He LOVES that.

So please keep our little guy in your prayers the next few days. A few for me wouldn't hurt either. Thanks so much!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sending prayers for your family. Hope it all goes smoothly, P will do just great!

AmyWhit said...

Prayers and well wishes for tomorrow and the next few days! Kids are so resilient that you'll no doubt have the most trouble getting him to take it easy for a while! Here's a wish that he'll all of a sudden develop a love of all things blue! lol. Good luck tomorrow!!! I'll be thinking of you.

Leslie Pigg said...

Hey friend...You know I am praying for sweet Parker (and for you). I know it is tough on you but the end result will be soooo worth it. I will check on you Thursday. Love to you all!

Stephanie said...

You will be in our prayers. You will be so thankful that he's going through it now and not later in life! The younger they are the easier it is! Hang in there!

Stephanie said...

Praying for you always and thinking of you too. When we called and left a message Maggie said Hi Aunt Amanda but I couldn't reach her to give her the phone. (we were in the car)!!