Any guesses for those who don't already know? Coley? Parker? It wasn't the first! Surprisingly enough it was Parker's first visit and hopefully last to the ER this afternoon. I was cutting up stuff with my rotary cutter for our Moms Club craft tomorrow and Parker insisted on using the one I wasn't. Despite my many warnings he proceeded. And woudn't ya know cut the tip of his finger off...well it was hanging by lets say not so much skin. He even got a little bit of nail in there too. I kept calm and held myself together until I called my friend, Leslie (her hubby works at the hospital). I lost it. Got myself back together because that freaked P out more. Then I called Maranda and BEGGED her to do me a favor and watch Coley. P was a nightmare enough. I didn't want to have to deal with Cole in the ER for a few hours. They probably would have asked us to leave. So Bill came home and we left. Got to the ER at 2:15 and got called back at 4:45 ish. We were out by 6. We got there in the nick of time though because it was pretty full when we left. The doctor and nurse were EXCELLENT and just what P needed. They ended up just clipping the skin off after giving him some Lortab, put a litte neosporin on it and a bandage on it. NOT a BANDAID thank goodness. The kid is TERRIFIED of BANDAIDS. He even got an apple juice and a purple popsicle. So hopefully hospitals aren't that bad anymore. He didn't want to go at all. He was good as new when we left thanks to the Lortab.
So this Moms Club craft has cost more than just the $9 in supplies but also a $300 deductible, a splitting headache for me, a miserable Cole because we left him, an afternoon and an evening. Oh and Daddy leaving work early...I don't think he minded that too much though. I gotta get back to cutting for the craft.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Poor Parker. Glad it wasn't worse than it could have been. Sometimes those kids just drive us crazy with the "I wanna help too" It's so easy to give in and give them what they want isn't it?
You're better than I am! When I was making a quilt and Jack grabbed my rotary cutter (despite warnings) and cut himself, the first thing I did was grab the quilt so it wouldn't get blood on it. Only then did I tend to my son. It was just a nick, though.
Poor Parker! And, poor you! All that time in the ER with a little one has got to be a nightmare.
Oh, and I can't believe you went home and finished working on the craft!
I think I'll nominate you for president of our club. Seems like you could use a few more responsibilities.
ughh looks like Bud will be visiting you tonight. Poor Parker, bet you thought Coley would have visited the ER first. Was Parker screaming when he saw the blood? Glad everything is okay now, sit down and relax girl you deserve it but don't relax too much in case Hayden comes out.
Yikes! We haven't had to go for anything of that nature, but Riley's had a few trips to the ER himself. He was 3 when he broke his arm. Other than that, it's just been a couple of ear infections in the past couple of months. Hopefully since his tubes are now in we won't have anymore late night visits to the ER with ear pain! Good luck with Parker's adenoidectomy! So glad that He didn't do any serious damage to that finger!
Post a Comment