Well this morning we solved Cole's fussiness/crying all the time problem beside the cutting of teeth. Cole took a shower with me this morning and I noticed his ear was just gross...puss everywhere. I don't know how I didn't notice it when he got up. Anyway, I start freaking out and call the dr's office. They get us in right away this morning...thank goodness. Well turns out that he has a ruptured eardrum. Yes, ruptured, hence the reason he slept 12 hours straight through last night without an crying sessions. The pressure was gone. There is loads of pus coming out of his ear...unbelievable really. I've never seen anything like it. His "good" ear isn't the greatest either. A normal eardrum looks like saran wrap. Nice and shiny and moves a bit. His "good" ear looks like wax paper. That was all she said about that ear though. His "bad" ear was nice bright red she said and couldn't find the point of rupture because there was a lot of gunk in there even after she got a lot out. So he's on antibiotics 3 time a day for 10 days and also on ear drops 3 times a day for 10 days.
So I feel like a horrible mom for NOT calling the dr on Wednesday when it did actually cross my mind that what if his ears do hurt. If you could please add him to your prayers for a quick recovery. I hate that my baby is in so much pain.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Poor baby! There was no way of you knowing it could have been that. I hopes he feels better soon, so he can be his sweet self again.
Aw poor baby you are not a bad mother. He just hasn't ever had a problem so why think that first. Anyway chalk it up to lesson learned...and move on to him getting better. Praying for a fast smooth ear gunkless recovery!!
you're not a bad momma...youre the best
and the best sister!!
ouch, i wouldn't have thought of an earache either you haven't had issues. I know when the kiddos were cutting teeth they always had ear issues. Prayers coming your way for a speedy recovery and med free days, and Bud nights.
Post a Comment