Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Celebrate....

our little girl is just hours away from turning 1. I can hardly believe it. And I thought the last 5 years went by quick as I put P on the bus last August. This year has been the quickest yet.

A year ago I went out to get a relaxing pedicure before the big D day. It was amazing. I remember sleeping fairly well that night. I woke excited and scared. I've always gone into labor on my own. None of this scheduled c-section stuff. It was weird. However, as I was waiting in the hospital lobby the contractions did start. Then I realized how much I didn't really need to be reminded of the pain this time around that contractions are. lol About 2 hours later a beautiful LOUD girl made her entrance and completed our family.




A baby girl...so different after 2 boys. All the pinks and purples that come with a little girl. What's not to love about that? Afterall, blue and red do kind of get old after a bit. ;) A precious little girl sent down from our heavenly Father. How could we be so lucky? I never thought we'd be blessed with a girl. I had always thought boys. We had 2 already so our chances were slim. He sure knew what He was blessing us with. An adorable little girl with that twinkle in her eye when she smiles, a wave just like a princess, a self soother, a fairly good eater, a drama queen in training, and lungs that she is NOT afraid to use when she wants something and you just aren't appeasing her quick enough. She has been the easiest baby of all 3. Maybe because she is #3?!

I can't help when I rock her or snuggle her to think of all the things we'll be able to do together. The mommy/daughter stuff that I see my girlfriends do with their little girls. At the same time I still wish she was that 7.5 pound little baby for just a wee bit longer. What I would give to get a whiff of that newborn baby goodness. Just thinking of the past year and all the changes I'm tearing up. Did I take in each and every moment that I should have? Did I enjoy every bit of it? Enough to remember it in 4 years? I'd like to think I did considering my bout with PPD. :)

Chloe bug you are loved more than you can imagine! Thank you Lord for blessing us with this precious girl.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

HIS blessing are great and I feel so blessed to be apart of you family we love you all!

Stephanie said...

I love her precious curl sticking out! Love all of her!