Saturday, February 21, 2009

Big boy bed!

Today was home improvement day at our house. That involved cleaning carpets and painting ceilings. It also involved putting up Cole's big boy bed, which I've been painting for the last week. With the bed up the crib is down...for a few more months anyway. The bed required rearranging his room. This first pic is where his crib used to be. The glider was on the right of where the dresser is now. (I really need to put the changing pad away! We haven't used it in ages) This is as you walk in the door. The dresser used to be here.
Looking in from the hallway. He knows its his bed and will says its his bed. I just hope
he remembers that tonight. He loves his "cow" (which he calls horses) sheets. I'm so
happy I decided to buy them just over a year ago at Pottery Barn Kids when they were
on clearance. They go great in his room.

The bed turned out great. With 6 coats of paint it looks pretty good. Not bad for costing a total of $25 for the bed. I'm thrilled with how his room turned out and it didn't cost very much either. Woohoo!


2 comments:

dana said...

the room looks great! and he looks like he likes it.

Stephanie said...

I love it! I don't know how I didn't see this blog until now, but I LOVE it! Great job!