Friday, February 13, 2009
Chillin' with my home boys!
This has got to be my new FAVORITE photo of my boys! We were out enjoying the little bit of daylight left playing basketball this evening when Cole sat on the step of the trike. I knew then I wanted a picture because he just looked too darn cute. Only thing is I didn't have my camera. So after a bit of playing basketball I ran in and got it. I told Cole to go sit on the bike with his ball. Well, if one does something the other HAS to follow. So after a little riff between them I setteled them down...I was willing to do whatever it took to take this picture of happy boys. Lucky for me they cooperated. So here are my home boys chillin' on the tricycle. Love it! I did not cock Cole's hat to the side either...seriously it was like that. And doesn't he look as big as P in this pic? Geesh that ages me.
Cole loves balls and basketball was his choice today. He loves to slam dunk and is pretty good at making baskets too. I think we may have a future basketball player on our hands.
Cole is sporting a new look the last week. It's a look that doesn't involve an attachment to his face. It's called the BINKY FREE 24/7 look. We tried to ween down to nap and bedtime. That didn't work to well. It wore on our patience hearing "I want my binky" or "I want my bobo" like 1,237,932 times a day. I had enough and cut the tip off of 1 of 2 we had one night while cooking dinner last week. That night was long because little did we know his 2 of 2 binky had a crack in it as well. So neither were satisfying to him. lol That night he proved to us he was a strong willed little boy for sure. He cried from 11-3 in his crib. I did sleep until 2 when I woke up to go potty and he was still screaming. I only slept because I shut my bedroom door as well and his as usual. He got like 3 hours of sleep that night. Surprisingly, he did really well at school the next day. Anyway, Thursday of last week the 2 of 2 cracked binky sufficed. He just had to have it in his mouth. Well Friday morning he lost it. Put him down for a nap without it and was fine! I found it during his nap and refused to give it back. So we have been BINKY FREE for a week. He's asked for it about 4 times and that's it. He cries for about 20 seconds at bedtime, but naps are a little more difficult. He taken to rocking but then wakes up when we put him in his bed. So I've started back to just our normal rock for 4-5 min. then into bed. He cried today for about 5 minutes and was out for 3 hours. It's going really well and we are LOVING it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
awesome picture! of course
YAY! I love the trike pic!
Love that pic. I agree it will be a favorite.
Post a Comment