Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer fun!

Summer fun for us this year is right out our back door. We decided or (me mostly) that having a pool in the backyard would be a heck of a lot better than lugging child 1 and monster 2 to the pool with all the necessities. And after going to the pool for the first and possibly last time this year yesterday with our Moms Club, my decision to go with our own pool couldn't have been bettter. It cost $15 for just me and the 2 munchkins to swim and by george I was making sure we got our $15 worth. Oh and your not supposed to bring outside food or drinks this year. Well, I did and my kids ate them too. Geesh, I had to scrounge around the house for the last 5 bucks we needed to get in...no we are not that poor (I just didn't want to have to go by the bank) yet alone have more money for snacks. So after 3 hours of swimming and 2 very tired boys we went home.
So today we got the pool set up and filled only after a marathon around Clarksville to find accessories for the Easy-set pools. All the stores carry the pools but don't sell or are out of the accessories. Geesh! Don't have the chemicals in yet...I would totally screw that up so that will wait for Bill. Parker got to jump in as it was filling and Coley was napping. It was frigid but he survived. I love this one. He was teetering back and forth on his lobster and kept saying, "Mommy come help me I'm going to sink."
This was NOT Cole's initial reaction. He was scared to death and screaming. He didn't think he could touch the bottom. So I had to grab his foot and actually put his foot on the bottom. After about 5 times of me doing that he was good to go. It's perfect height for both boys and hits Cole right at his arm pits.
Everyone is welcome to come swim! They would love some swimming buddies.

6 comments:

dana said...

looks awesome, now i want one but i don't think our neighbors would be happy. who knew about all teh accesories, you should write teh company and tell them to put that on the front, like they put for toys that require batteries.

Stephanie said...

Love the pool that would great in our backyard. We will have to come visit on my next longish break and defintely after august 10TH!!!

Leslie Pigg said...

Hey there...that looks like a blast!!! I am sorry we missed the MOMS Club outing on Monday. I was not up for lugging all 3 yet by myself and after your report, I don't think I'll be getting a pass either. We'd love to come to the Johnson Pool and play anytime if your cover charge isn't too high!!

Jennifer said...

Isn't it so much easier to go in the back yard! Another plus to that is that you can enjoy some time to yourself during naptime! I will try to post a pic of our new one tonight. Stupid blogger had it all messed up!

Stephanie said...

This looks like a blast! Hope you're getting lots of use in the pool these days!

Anonymous said...

ooh, ooh, us too . . . we'll come play at your pool. looks like such fun (and i'm also in the club that is not up for a pool pass this year!)