This morning Cole and I dropped Parker off at school and headed to Lowe's to look around. We were having a good ole time playing peek a boo and so big as we casually walked around looking at various things throughout the store. Then I heard and saw this joyful older gentlemen greeting people as he walked by them. He was headed our way and stopped to talk to Cole. It's not too uncommon for people to stop and say hello to him...his cuteness draws them in. ;) Anyway, he said that he had something for Cole. I was dreading what he was going to pull out of his pocket because in the past Parker has been handed an nasty OLD piece of candy. Anyway, he pulls out a dollar bill and gives it to Cole. Then he pulls out another and hands it to him. Cole has a HUGE grin on his face but really doesn't understand at all that it is money. So Cole holds his hand out to the nice man. The man says well buddy I think there is MORE. He handed Cole two more dollars. At this point I was in tears and really thinking about it again is making me tear up. So this nice man gave Cole 4 dollars for no reason at all, just a random act of kindness. He kept apologizing that he made me sad. I assured him I was not sad at all but amazed at his kindness and generosity to my son. We hugged and I said God bless you.
It's not everyday that I would hug a complete stranger in Lowe's. It is also NOT an everyday occurence when someone is so kind as to give a child money for no other reason than to be kind.
So I pray that this man continues making the day of others. I know he totally made my day...make that week or month. ;) I never did get his name, but he's a local plumber at Gateway Plumbing.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a wonderful man it is acts like these that make me glad I am living in this wonderful country of ours. You and Cole were fortunate to meet such a dear man.
That's amazing! I'm smiling ear to ear right now, because Connor is singing "Our God is an Awesome God" almost as if it's a soundtrack to this post!
Post a Comment