Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My projects!

So I've been busy the last 3 weeks doing this MAJOR project! First off, let me tell you that I told myself that I HAD to get at least ONE of my unfinished projects done and SOON. I have a chair to reupholster (that is way to difficult for a beginner) and a cradle to refinish (why on earth did even begin to strip it of it's original color...way back when I was pregnant with Parker.) Eventually, those 2 might get done but I was determined to get this table done. You might remember last fall when I started? Well, that not so good refinishing job is completed and the table is back in use. This is the BEFORE pic And AFTER

It's amazing what a little stain will do to chairs! lol Just kidding I donated the old ones to Goodwill and bought new ones from Pier 1. We also got a new light fixture from IKEA (love that store.) I love it, well WE love it. Parker keeps asking where the high table went though. It has a new home for now called the attic. Now I want to paint the kitchen a sage green color. Bill says no he likes the red. I was like you won't have to help at all...didn't change his mind. He likes the red. It looks a little bright in the pic but it's not so orangy and bright in person.
I also made this roman shade for the playroom. It is the MOST EXPENSIVE window covering in my house. I fell in love with the fabric and the price was SO NOT something I would normally settle for but well I did. I love it and it was so easy...thanks Jenn for the over the phone consult and the pics.
And today I made these comfy pj pants. I was blog surfing a couple weeks ago and came across a lady that made herself pj pants from old bed sheets. Not the ugly ones the pretty kind that they sell at flea markets with the fancy trims and such. Well mine don't have the trim but I love the print and they are so SOFT and comfy. Not too bad for a flat sheet that cost me $1.50 and I can even make another pair out of the same sheet. I didn't even have to hem them...I used the bottom of the sheet that was already hemmed. ;) I plan on buying some pink trim of some kind and adding it to the bottom for a little something. Lol, I was trying them on after finishing the waist band and my they were clear up to my ribs. Parker looked at me and said, Mom they are too high! I chuckled and said yeah I know. So I had to redo the waist and cut a few inches off. Anyway, I'm wearing them now, so comfy and are perfect for summer.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the table and the chairs. THey look awesome I would wait to paint until you remodel the kitchen ..hehe!! Those Jammie Pants look super comfy, and the roman shade rocks you are doing tons of projects Martha!!