So here it is...my post all about Parker! First off, I cannot believe he's just about done with kindergarten. Crazy stuff! Well about 6 weeks ago Parker started trying new foods. For those that don't know he's had issues with food since he was about 9 months old. He never really liked table food. Always splayed his fingers and such. When I was pregnant with Cole we took him to Nashville for therapy once a week for 6 months. With therapy he started eating pepperoni, chips, peanut butter, peanut butter crackers, and bacon. He had just turned 2 when we stopped going. So we've never really pressed the issue with him. We've been frustrated numerous times. We tried all the tricks and suggestions with him through out the past 3.5 years. To no avail. It hurt me more I believe and was in tears numerous times. And by basically giving up...and by that I mean giving it to the Lord, he is coming around. I wasn't going to worry about it any longer, trick him, or force him. I just couldn't do it. So one day I just gave it to the Lord to handle. And just asked Him to take the burden from me. Well I can say my prayer has been answered. God is good!
Parker has tried hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, carrots, corned beef, beef stroganoff, macaroni and cheese, pork chops, chicken, steak, popcorn, rice crispy treats, cookies, jello,roast beef, salami and spaghetti. I'm sure there are more that we are forgetting too. He didn't care for the jello, spaghetti, or the carrots! We actually have ordered him kids meals lately that doesn't include pancakes or cinnamon melts! ;)
So he's been a ROCKSTAR lately! We are so very proud of him! He is very proud of himself as well. And he MUST call Grandma Sue when he tries a new food too! So here's to Parker's new adventure in trying new foods!
Parker has tried hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, carrots, corned beef, beef stroganoff, macaroni and cheese, pork chops, chicken, steak, popcorn, rice crispy treats, cookies, jello,roast beef, salami and spaghetti. I'm sure there are more that we are forgetting too. He didn't care for the jello, spaghetti, or the carrots! We actually have ordered him kids meals lately that doesn't include pancakes or cinnamon melts! ;)
So he's been a ROCKSTAR lately! We are so very proud of him! He is very proud of himself as well. And he MUST call Grandma Sue when he tries a new food too! So here's to Parker's new adventure in trying new foods!




3 comments:
Brought tears to my eyes to see how much he is growing and changing as a young man. God is so good. So proud of you Parker!
great job Parker! he was just wanting to do it on his own time!
Ditto what Stephanie said! I've cried happy tears with every FB update on what he's doing! I remember when we first met at MOPS bible study you asked people to pray for P's food issues. That was over 3 years ago and look at all the strides he's making!
Post a Comment