Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Buddies!

Parker had his buddy Connor P. over yesterday for the afternoon. They attended VBS in
the morning and he came home with us. Well, lets just say these 2 boys both started crying as soon as LP pulled up. They had such a great time playing together they didn't want to stop. To be honest I've never seen these two play so well together EVER! They played the Wii, rode scooters, jumped on the trampoline, played cars, and played in the water...their FAVORITE! They had a blast together and did not want it to end. The sad part about it all, the more I thought of it, was it won't be much longer and his buddy will be moving this summer.

We met each other over 2.5 years ago when LP and I were both pregnant. Through attending many Moms Club functions we began seeing them more and more and the friendships grew for all of us. LP is one of those friends you meet and feel like you've known forever. Seriously, she is AWESOME...they all are! Their whole family is such a blessing to know and will be dearly missed by us Johnson's for sure! We are so excited about the new adventure that God is sending them on. They have touched many lives here in Clarksville and will continue to do so in Dyersburg. Those Dyersburg folks are about to get a truly wonderful family for sure. Anyway, now that I'm already in tears, the good thing is they will only be a 2.5 hours away. Yay!
Preschool graduation...P and C attended the same preschool and were in the same class.
We have truly been blessed by your friendship! Thank you for just being you!

4 comments:

dana said...

how sweet, isnt' it sad to see their first friends move away, the kids first playdate friends moved away last summer and their mom was a good friend of mine, it is sad for sure. looks like the boys had a ton of fun.

Leslie Pigg said...

AMANDA!!!!!!!! I AM SOBBING!!!!!!! Not only did you watch my son, you captured great memories, shared them with us and I so appreciate your kind words. We did hit it off immediately, didn't we?! That first day at the "dance lessons" when we were pregnant with our #2's, I knew you were so special. I love how our boys play together and how much all four love each other. You and Bill have been so dear to Russell & I as well over the last three years and I hope you know that your entire family of ALMOST FIVE are welcome in our home anytime. We love you guys...Oh, and in case you read this soon...Parker and Connor are currently in his top bunk and have been for an hour! They've had another great afternoon together.

Stephanie said...

I must agree that the P family is one heck of a family to know. I know we will also be very very sad to see them go, but are also celebrating the blessing at hand.
Thanks to both of your for making me cry!

Katy Bates said...

I love that graduation photo of the 3 of them - too cute!